My client is making a new hire to their Litigation team. This is a temp to perm PA/ Legal Secretarial role.
This candidate must have prior experience with a law firm working on litigation and insolvency matters. The applicant will be required to provide personal assistant support and secretarial assistance to a Partner and assist other team members from time to time within our Litigation, Insolvency and Re-structuring department.
The Partner is looking for someone able and prepared to familiarise themselves with all aspects of his practice and management and marketing roles and to take charge of all administrative aspects of his professional life as well as provide top flight legal support skills.
The preferred applicant should:
- possess minimum 5 years’ experience as a Litigation Secretary in a Law firm where work was mainly for commercial clients.
- A recognised paralegal qualification and past experience working for a lawyer at management level would be advantageous.
- be highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Outlook and familiar with time recording and billing software (similar to Tabs3), document management systems, online and other legal research tools as well as court procedures and forms.
- minimum of 70 wpm typing speed, experience in audio transcription and good diary management skills are required
- excel in accuracy, reliability, self-motivation and initiative. Good time keeping and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a calm and effective manner.
- be willing to work evenings and weekends at short notice as required (overtime pay is applicable)
- have a high standard of written and spoken English language (including formatting, grammar and punctuation) and the ability to draft administrative communications with minimal additional input.
- have an excellent telephone manner and ability to communicate effectively with people at a senior level
- be able to assume responsibility for billing and credit control and basic understanding of client and office account double entry bookkeeping
- be a team player and have a professional demeanour and ability to fit in and work well with other members of the department and firm as well as deal with clients from differing jurisdictions and industries.
Preference is given for Caymanian applicants.