Our global financial client require an IT support administrator to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
About the Role:
Individual will be responsible to provide local and remote support to users across global offices with respect to the various business applications and systems in use. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuration, operation and troubleshooting of hardware and software at the desktop level. Some management of administrative functions at the server level are expected. Ie user management in Active Directory and application user management interfaces, Helpdesk System administration, etc. This individual also provides observation on performance and recommendations on improving the user experience on proactive basis.
- Provide desktop and IT administrative support for local and remote locations
- Implements, documents and troubleshoots the IT Infrastructure at the desktop and user application level
- Works autonomously to resolve complex problems in a multi-functional setting, assessing and communicating issues of technological impact
- Produces and maintains all reporting and documentation required for the IT group related to this function
- Follows IT policies and procedures meticulously, ensuring all appropriate approvals and processes are performed. Reviews IT control functions on a regular basis to ensure adherence to policies and controls
- Assists with the identification and implementation of tools and architecture to enhance the global network
- Provide desktop and application level support to local and remote users
- Ability to rack and stack equipment
- Provide support, including on-call, shift and/or weekend work as required, for systems within area of expertise.
- Participate in the planning, design and implementation of relevant architecture, hardware, software and customized software changes.
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Have a Bachelor degree, with a technical major
- Experience in a support role with Windows Operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Experience support a global user base where IT services are delivered via Citrix
- Have Microsoft certification or working towards same such as MCSE / MCITP / MCSA
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with strict policy and controls related to change management and defined IT support function methodologies
- Experience working with IT Ticketing systems
- Familiarity with Citrix Farms is required
- Demonstrate the ability to work well within a team framework
- Have experience with Wireless access points, Wireless routers, Wireless Zoning
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience in the following area desirable: Patch Management, Anti-virus, Symantec Endpoint, Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security, system monitoring and logging
- Knowledge of backup process and systems such as Symantec Backup Exec
If you are interested in this role contact email@example.com for more details.