Corporate Paralegal – George Town – Permanent full time role
Corporate paralegal required for a top offshore law firm in George Town, Grand Cayman.
- Working under the Managing Partner/Head of Corporate to assist in the undertaking of professional work for the practice.
- Responsible for supervising a small team.
- Assisting attorneys dealing with all aspects of Cayman Islands company and partnership formation, mutual fund registration and deregistration, strike offs and liquidations using government portals.
- Must be able to draft board and shareholder resolutions for a variety of situations.
- Applicants must have a law degree.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working as a corporate paralegal in the Cayman Islands or at a top offshore/international/US/magic circle law firm.
- Candidates must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications, specifically MS Word and Outlook. Knowledge of PCLaw and ViewPoint would be an advantage.
- Applicants will also be expected to have a strong sense of commitment and responsibility and should demonstrate sound organisational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and accordingly work overtime, including weekends at short notice.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and supervisory experience.
- Litigation experience is not a requirement but would be an asset.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.